This traditional Israeli dish has the taste of spring and summer. It keeps well before serving, and the mix of colors makes the dish as attractive as it is delicious.
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into large rings
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into large rings
1 large red onion, cut into rings
2 large zucchini (about 2 ½ cups), sliced into ¼ inch thick rings
1 cup chopped tomatoes
6-8 large fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
1. Fry zucchini in oil until soft and set aside.
2. Fry onion until transparent.
3. Add tomatoes, black pepper, salt and bell peppers. Saute until soft over medium-low heat.
4. Pour over zucchini rings.
5. Garnish with basil sprigs just before serving.
This is a good make-ahead dish. Just refrigerate and remove an hour or so before serving. Serves 6.